Why Choose WestBow Press?
As a writer, you have a unique history and connection with your craft and your work that brought you to where you are today. There was a time when you wrote the first sentence of your work, and then experienced the thrill and satisfaction of finishing your manuscript. Even if your book is still just an idea you're tossing around in your mind, there is something that all aspiring authors have in common:you have a story to tell, a book to publish.
At WestBow Press, we understand that your work is more than just a book. It is a passion and a dream. It is a career. Our self-publishing company is designed to empower you to fulfill your dreams and reach your goals.
An Interview with Pete Nikolai: Learn why Thomas Nelson created WestBow Press and its unique benefits.
Begin Your Legacy
We supply everything you need to create and publish the book you envision easily, professionally and affordably. From custom design, top-notch editorial services and powerful marketing, you have the flexibility to choose a suite of services that fit your needs. If writing a book fulfills a lifelong dream of becoming a published author, this is your stepping stone to that dream. WestBow Press can help you share your story and start shaping your future today.
As a division of Thomas Nelson & Zondervan, WestBow Press titles will be regularly reviewed by the parent companies. For authors who hope to one day be signed by a traditional publisher, this is an opportunity to get your foot in the door. While there is no guarantee of the number of titles to be signed each year, Thomas Nelson & Zondervan will monitor the WestBow Press catalog for talented authors that rise to the top.
WestBow Press authors picked up by traditional publishers:
- William Sirls, author of The Reason (Thomas Nelson)
- Annie Downs, author of Perfectly Unique: Praising God from Head to Foot (Zondervan)
- Amy K. Sorrells, author of How Sweet the Sound (David C. Cook)
- Sharon Garlough Brown, author of Sensible Shoes (InterVarsity Press)
- Tony Townsley and Mark St. Germain, authors of Three Cups (Thomas Nelson)
- Marcia Moston, author of Call of a Coward (Thomas Nelson)
- Dave Spurgeon, author of Bikin' and Brotherhood: My Journey (Thomas Nelson)
- Michael Norten, author of Unlocking the Secrets of the Feasts: The Prophecies in the Feasts of Leviticus (Thomas Nelson)
- Anne Bradley and Art Lindsley, authors of For the Least of These: A Biblical Answer to Poverty (Zondervan)
- Mark Davidson, author of Daniel Revisited: Discovering the Four Mideast Signs Leading to the Antichrist (Thomas Nelson)
Professional Self-Publishing Assistance
Self-publishing means that you have the freedom to blaze your own trail to success. But that doesn't mean that you're left to figure everything out for yourself. By choosing to publish with WestBow Press, you also have an entire staff of experienced industry-professionals on your side. We provide continual support and assistance throughout the entire publishing process. From formatting your book's interior to designing your cover, we help your book live up to industry standards and take care of all the details. You can take advantage of our experience, but you remain in control.
Established Editorial Standards
When you self-publish with WestBow Press, your book will be among good company. Each of our titles is held to our set of WestBow Press Editorial Standards, as defined on our website. You can review these standards to determine whether or not you share our values, which are based around the simple fact that we are a Christian self-publisher.
Because of these standards, readers will identify your WestBow Press title as one they can trust. Your book with a WestBow Press identity gives readers the confidence that your book was written from a Christian worldview, regardless of the subject matter of your book.
Learn more about the foundation of WestBow Press’ biblically based editorial standards.
The Lighthouse Recognition Program
rewards books with notable sales and marketing results and encourages their continued success. It is our way of supporting authors' efforts to share God's message globally.