Lighthouse Recognition Program
WestBow Press supports our authors’ efforts to share God’s message with as many people as possible. To reward books that have shown notable sales and marketing results and encourage their continued success, we created the Lighthouse Recognition Program.
The Lighthouse Recognition Program is free of charge, and books that qualify are updated to showcase the program’s logo. Our Lighthouse authors will also receive special perks from WestBow Press and HarperCollins Christian Publishing.
Just as traditionally published books prove their marketability through retail success, self-published books should also have a proven ability to target a book-buying audience and reach that audience using methods beyond direct sales. In order to qualify for the program, please note that your book must be returnable and must achieve the following goals:
- Sell at least 100 copies (print plus e-book combined) in the retail channel during the month being reviewed (author purchases are not included in retail channel sales)
- Have one of the following Amazon Best Sellers rankings at the time the monthly sales report is reviewed:
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank (e-book) of less than 300,000
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank (paperback) of less than 300,000
- Visit your book’s Amazon page. Here’s an example.
- Scroll down until you see “Product Details.”
- In the “Product Details,” you’ll find the “Best Sellers Rank.” Here’s what it looks like:
How to find your book’s Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
WestBow Press will notify you when you qualify for Lighthouse status and offer you admission to the program.
What are the Lighthouse Recognition Program Benefits
- Placement of your book in the Lighthouse section of the WestBow Press online bookstore
- Support through WestBow Press social media accounts for a limited time
- Placement of the Lighthouse logo on the back cover of your book
- Placement of the Lighthouse logo on your WestBow Press online bookstore page
- Cover Copy Polish editorial service
- 10 free softcover books with the Lighthouse designation
Once you qualify for the Lighthouse Recognition Program, you can choose to receive the additional program benefits listed below from HarperCollins Christian Publishing, a world-leading Christian content provider. No matter what you decide, you'll still receive all of the program benefits listed above from WestBow Press. Please note that the additional benefits from HarperCollins Christian Publishing only apply to the softcover version of your book.
- Marketing review by Pete Nikolai, Director of Publishing Services for HarperCollins Christian Publishing and the publisher of WestBow Press. We'll provide you with a marketing plan template for you to complete and return to us. If you complete and return your marketing plan by the deadline specified, Mr. Nikolai will review your marketing plan and suggest additional tactics to promote your book.
- If the suggested marketing tactics, as discussed in the marketing review with Mr. Nikolai, have been implemented within 4 weeks after receiving feedback, you can look forward to the following benefits:
- Additional bookstore distribution availability through HarperCollins Christian Publishing
- Book listing in the FaithGateway bookstore
- Book listing in the HarperCollins Christian Publishing Edelweiss seasonal catalog
- Book presentation at the HarperCollins Christian Publishing sales conference
- Book presentation to buyers at local bookstores in your region, handled by the HarperCollins Christian Publishing sales team
*Please note that you must complete and return the required marketing plan by the specified date, not only for Mr. Nikolai to complete his review, but for you to enjoy the other benefits offered by HarperCollins Christian Publishing, which follow.