We live in such perilous times, times that have produced devastating effects throughout society and the prevailing culture. It makes one question where is the church, why is the church missing in action? Many churches have lost their way and purpose, while other churches could care less about the culture or society’s ills. Yet other churches are earnestly trying to address society’s issues with the truth of God’s Word.
In Wake Up, Church!, author Dr. Roxanne Anderson-Graham discusses the ideologies of three church types and how they can have an overwhelming significant impact on society. She:
• identifies the three types of churches: the complacent church, the compromising church, and the committed church;
• uncovers the limitations hindering the complacent church from moving forward, upward, and outward in completing God’s work;
• highlights the flaws of the compromising church as it straddles the fence and acquiesces to cultural trends;
• emphasizes the faith and steadfastness of the committed church in its obedience to God’s command and promise; and
• focuses on the believers’ responsibility concerning their own personal salvation and growth within the kingdom.
Anderson-Graham admonishes the church (which is the Bride of Christ) to stop procrastinating and start proclaiming the Words of the Lord and be ready for His return.