Whether we have an audience of one or thousands, our words have influence and impact. The question is are they having the influence we want?
Ross Hjelseth draws on more than four decades of career experience in athletics and education in this guide to choosing the right words at the right time – words that inspire, encourage, guide, teach, empathize, and elevate.
The author shares maxims gleaned from teachers, coaches, and leaders, together with his own observations, to help you:
• empower yourself and those you care about
• develop leadership skills and insights to better serve others
• build relationships through listening, speaking, and observing others
• appreciate the importance of practice, hard work, discipline, perseverance, and motivation
• determine when to use positive or negative reinforcement
Each chapter concludes with several inspirational quotes from coaches and leaders, as well as thoughtful questions to help you make a meaningful difference in your life and the lives of others.
Serve people in every context and renew your focus on gratitude, encouragement, and teamwork with the lessons in Winning Words.