Coaching in Context provides the reader with a unique and powerful coaching model that will help them fulfill God’s call to “encourage one another and build up each other” and help others “grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ.” Whether they are an experienced coach or someone who is just beginning to explore the profession of coaching this book is a valuable resource.
The power of the Coaching in Context method comes from several sources:
1. A solid foundation of Scripture
2. Modeled after the methods employed by Jesus Christ with his disciples
3. Emphasis on trust and relationship between coach and trainee
4. Awareness of each individual’s character, personality, and experience (context) for a unique and individually tailored approach to coaching
5. Importance of character development coupled with achievement of goals for continued growth.
Dr. Wil Chevalier brings decades of wisdom and experience to the subject of coaching and this book is the fruit of his many years of successfully coaching others around the world. His extensive experience across a multitude of cultures fills the book with insight and wisdom that is incredibly helpful in our varied and diverse world. Coaching in Context teaches the reader how to “actively oversee the holistic transformation of future leaders with godly love and humility” while remaining “simple, doable, practical, and biblical.”
Coaching in Context is one of those rare resources that brings together proven methods, experience, and an abundance of tools and techniques to accomplish the goal of encouraging and building up another person and helping them accomplish their dreams and visions. This unique method will significantly accelerate transformation of character and fulfillment of goals in a way that can easily be passed on to others to create a dynamic and growing community.