Discover what it means to be the Bride of Christ.
The Bible is full of wedding language, metaphors, symbolism, and pictures explaining the importance and significance of marriage. In Will You Marry Me?, author Laynie Travis discusses how the bridegroom and bride relationship found in the Bible is more than a metaphor. She shares how Jesus offers you an invitation and gives you clues showing what he intends this love relationship to look like.
In this seven session study, Laynie explains that Jesus, your bridegroom, passionately pursues you and invites you to be his bride. She teaches how to become betrothed to Christ, how to prepare yourself in this life for the coming wedding, and how to participate in a reciprocating love relationship with him. She uses Jewish wedding history, Biblical illustrations, miracles, and parables to demonstrate the deeper spiritual significance of what it means to be betrothed to Jesus. This study includes information and discussion about:
• The ancient Jewish wedding process and how it applies to believers
• The parable of the ten virgins and the parable of the man in the wrong wedding clothes
• The story of the Jewish brides of Isaac and Jacob and
their betrothal scenes
• Jesus’ first miracle at the wedding in Cana
• Jesus, the Samaritan woman, and the betrothal scene
• The future prophetic wedding, rapture, and second
coming of Christ
Jesus is on his knee pleading for your hand in marriage.