Ashlyn Lark was a young woman driven by her quest for romance and true love. Her expectations led her down a lonely path of pain and disappointment. When tragedy struck amid the existing turmoil, her fragile heart was shattered. Through God’s power and grace, she found the strength to pick up the pieces and move on. She continued on a journey of faith as God’s love and light illuminated the way. Each step was a lesson learned and a challenge to put her trust in the Master’s plan.
• Understand that challenges are stepping stones that can draw us closer to the heart of God.
• Persevere and have faith in trials and suffering.
• Learn to wait for God’s timing.
• Beware of the consequences of your own choices.
• There is life after the death of a child.
• Know that God’s presence and peace can sustain you through any circumstance.
“In a time when there is so much pain and woundedness in our culture, Ashlyn Lark, in her book, Paradise Seems So Far Away, has presented her life story with creativity and a perspective that points to the only answer, a loving God. Into a description of her circumstances, she weaves her own poetry and songs that express so well her heart's journey. I feel that other women who are experiencing difficult situations in their own lives, will be encouraged by Ashlyn's honest words, her creativity, but most especially her presentation of her loving Father, Who promises to "never leave you or for sake you…" (Hebrews 13:5) and Who "... is our refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble" (Psalm 46:1). What could be more uplifting and comforting to know that our God is in control of our lives, even in the darkest times!”
—Rosemary Barnes, author and speaker