Self-deprecating and disarmingly humorous, Stone shares the results of his personal study of the Bible, digging into Scripture and frequently drawing homespun biblical applications from his own life in order to clarify some truths about faith. Stone admits he didn’t set out to write a spiritual autobiography, but that’s more or less what his book is, and it’s the book’s greatest strength for both newcomers and lifelong Christians.
Spiritual conversions are as varied as snowflakes. But once the initial excitement fades away, a new convert is faced with a dilemma: “Where do I go from here?” This book attempts to answer that question.
The first part of Stepping Out was inspired by the Old Testament quotation, “Can two walk together except they be agreed?” Amos 3:3 (KJV). It will show that
- God the Father intends for us to be like Christ;
- God the Son enables us to be like Christ; and
- God the Holy Spirit empowers us to be like Christ.
The second part of the book discusses seven things that all believers should hold fast to no matter where they are in their spiritual walk:
1. Know that the Lord is God.
2. Know that you are a sinner and that you are lost without Christ.
3. Know that Christ has saved you and that you are a child of God.
4. Know that you must come clean.
5. Know that God will protect you.
6. Know that Christ will come again.
7. Know love.