Author Tony Cloud grew up in Wheaton, Maryland, when the metropolitan area of Washington, DC, earned the title “Crime Capital of the World.” He knows firsthand the ugliness that crime perpetuates. In Transition of the Mind, he shows how drugs and violence have affected the hearts of the entire world and discusses how action must be taken before it’s too late.
This study journeys into the hearts of deprived, devalued, and distressed inner-city children. Based on real lives and true events in the ghetto and suburban areas, it answers many questions that have been asked by parents and grandparents around the nation:
• Why are so many young people joining gangs, and how do we get them out?
• What kinds of laws or rules are necessary for inner-city survival?
• How has poverty cheapened the value of life?
• Besides abortion, how are children murdered without a weapon?
• What is the power of a gangsta in underprivileged areas?
• Is racism truly alive, and does it exists on every level of life?
Heartfelt and raw, Transition of the Mind provides insight into the challenges of street life for many young people in inner-city settings. It shows that through discipline and faith in God and themselves, they can overcome the challenges and become righteous people.