You can add full-color photographs, tables, charts, diagrams or any other graphic to your book’s interior pages. If you think color images will enhance the look of your book, please follow the guidelines below to take advantage of this WestBow Press service.
Guidelines for submitting color images for insertion into your book’s interior pages:
- Each interior graphic (including photos, tables, charts, diagrams, drawings, foreign fonts and any other non-text elements) should be submitted as an individual 300-dpi TIFF (.tif) or JPEG (.jpg) file.
- We will need a separate back-up TIFF (.tif) file for each of the graphics.
- For full bleed, the images will need an extra 1/4" bleed around the images, but text and any details not to be cut have to be within a 1/4" from the edges; all images not to be full bleed have to be sized 1/4" from the edges.
- Your manuscript should include placeholders for all interior images you want inserted. Each time you want an image to appear in your book’s text, you must make a note. Please include photo captions. Example: 'PLACE [IMAGE NAME] HERE'
- If your publishing package includes Color Image Insertion, you may add more graphics than the package allows at $10.00 per image insertion.
- Images will be printed in four color CMYK.*
* Printer slang for "full color" is "four color"; this means the full range of colors, not literally just four colors.
Quick Facts | Image Insertion - Color
Add a little color to your book with this image insertion service. Give us a call at 1.866.928.1240 to learn more or to order this design service.