If you want to include black-and-white photographs, tables, charts, diagrams or other graphics and visuals in your book, simply follow WestBow Press' image submission guidelines and we’ll place them properly within your book’s text. By working together, we’ll make sure your finished product is visually pleasing and of the highest quality.
Guidelines for submitting black-and-white images for insertion into your book’s interior pages:
- Each interior graphic (including photos, tables, charts, diagrams, drawings, foreign fonts and any other non-text elements) should be submitted as an individual TIFF (.tif) file.
- The publishing package you purchased will inform you of how many images you can have inserted for free. A fee will be charged for each additional image over that limit.
- Your manuscript should include placeholders for all interior images you want inserted. Each time you want an image to appear in your book’s text, you must make a note. Please include photo captions. Example: 'PLACE [IMAGE NAME] HERE'
- Unless you purchased a Children’s Book Package, all images will be produced in black and white or grayscale. At this time, we cannot put color images into black-and-white books.
- Submitted separately from your manuscript as a TIFF (.tif) file format.
- CMYK colorspace
- 300-dpi resolution
- Written copyright permission from the creator (artist, photographer, etc.) to use the work in your book.
Quick Facts | Black-and-White Image Insertion
We are happy to insert photographs, graphics or original artwork into the pages of your book; we ask only that you follow our simple image submission guidelines. Call 1.866.928.1240 for more information.